UK Festival of Robotics 2023
The UK Festival of Robotics (formerly UK Robotics Week) is a 7-day celebration of UK robotics research and innovation, aiming to engage the public with robotics, AI, and automation through a mix of online and in-person events.
Call for Events
The annual UK Festival of Robotics generates excitement and curiosity about robotics and autonomous systems among members of the public.
We would love to promote any existing or new events you would like to run as part of the UK Festival of Robotics. If you would like to us to include your event in our press release please complete our short online form by the 2nd May 2023, otherwise events can be submitted for inclusion in our events list at any time.
By taking part in the UK Festival of Robotics, event organisers can help to raise the profile of robotics and autonomous systems, inspire the next generation of roboticists, and gain valuable insights into their own research from people from diverse backgrounds.
Examples of events: workshops, tours, teleoperation activities, augmented reality, online games, competitions, performing arts, exhibitions. We also welcome proposals for novel event types not listed above.
Official UK Festival of Robotics events will receive:
- Dedicated promotion from the UK-RAS Network, including:
- a national press-release;
- the UK-RAS website;
- the UK-RAS email newsletter;
- UK-RAS social media accounts;
- the UK-RAS EventBrite page (optional).
- Use of UK Festival of Robotics branding and graphics.
- In-kind contributions for specific enabling items (see Terms and Conditions).
To be considered for the official events programme, an event must:
- include some level of audience engagement (lectures and lecture series will not be accepted);
- meet at least one of the following aims:
- generate publicity, awareness and / or excitement about robotics among members of the public;
- generate awareness and excitement about robotics among school children and / or young adults to encourage them to consider pursuing a career in robotics.
- have a clearly defined, public audience (e.g. young adults interested in gaming);
- offer tickets at nominal or no cost to participants;
- occur between the 17th and 23rd June 2023.